MLM Compensation Plans - Go For The Goals!
When choosing a company to join, the most important factor is not the type of compensation plan, but whether that
plan is achieving important goals for distributors. Alfred White, senior management consultant at San Diego-based
Hamilton LaRonde & Associates, Inc. recommends evaluating each company you are considering against the
following characteristics of a good compensation plan:
1. Is it easy to enter into the opportunity? You should only have to buy a modestly priced sales kit.
2. Are you rewarded primarily for direct sales, rather than for override commissions?
3. Are you rewarded for personally sponsoring others?
4. Are you rewarded for recruiting multiple levels?
5. Is the focus on selling products to the end consumer, rather than to your downline?
6. Are you rewarded for training and supporting your downline?
7. Are you rewarded for high personal volume?
8. Are you rewarded for high group volume?
9. Are you rewarded for maintaining a monthly volume?
10. Does the plan provide for recognition?
11. Does the plan offer nonmonetary rewards and incentives, such as trips or cars?
12. Is the plan's monthly maintenance requirement reasonable - not so high that you can never achieve it, and
thus never receive compensation?
Conversely, here are some compensation plan characteristics that should send you running in the opposite
1. A plan that does nothing to discourage deadweight distributors and nonproducers.
2. A plan that encourages inventory loading or large investments in products.
3. A plan that emphasizes gimmicks rather than product sales.
Back to MLM Compensation Plans
Brought to you by MLMLegal
MLMAttorney.com is a valuable resource to the MLM and Direct Sales industry. Use
thissite to explore the different compensation plans, browse articles written by Jeffrey
Babener, view the latest posts from attorney Babener's blog, and more. To find more
information about the direct selling industry, visit the best MLM resource on the web:
© Jeffrey Babener, 2013
The Sister Website to