IRS Withholding Calculator
If you are an employee, the Withholding Calculator can help you determine whether you need to give your
employer a new Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate to avoid having too much or too little
Federal income tax withheld from your pay. You can use your results from the calculator to help fill out the form.
Who Can Benefit From The Withholding Calculator?
* Employees who would like to change their withholding to reduce their tax refund or their balance due;
* Employees whose situations are only approximated by the worksheets on the paper W-4 (e.g., anyone with
concurrent jobs, or couples in which both are employed; those entitled to file as Head of Household; and those with
several children eligible for the Child Tax Credit);
* Employees with non-wage income in excess of their adjustments and deductions, who would prefer to have tax on
that income withheld from their paychecks rather than make periodic separate payments through the estimated tax
CAUTION: If you will be subject to alternative minimum tax, self-employment tax, or other taxes; or if any of your
current jobs will end before the end of the year, you will probably achieve more accurate withholding by following
the instructions in Publication 919, How Do I Adjust My Tax Withholding?
Tips For Using This Program
* Have your most recent pay stubs handy.
* Have your most recent income tax return handy.
* Estimate values if necessary, remembering that the results can only be as accurate as the input you provide.
To Change Your Withholding:
1. Use your results from this calculator to help you complete a new Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance
2. Submit the completed Form to your employer.
Continue to the Withholding Calculator
Back to The IRS Advises Direct Sellers page
Brought to you by MLMLegal
MLMAttorney.com is a valuable resource to the MLM and Direct Sales industry. Use
thissite to explore the different compensation plans, browse articles written by Jeffrey
Babener, view the latest posts from attorney Babener's blog, and more. To find more
information about the direct selling industry, visit the best MLM resource on the web:
© Jeffrey Babener, 2013
The Sister Website to